Pool Oxidizer, Generically known as Potassium Monopersulfate, provides a non-chlorine method of oxidizing your pool water. A much safer and less messy way than using an unstabilized chlorine. It is just as effective in burning off organic contaminants and converting combined chlorine into free chlorine. An oxidizer has relatively little effect on the other parameters of your pool water. You can also swim 30-45 minutes after its application. It is recommended as part of your regular weekly chemical treatment. The trade-off with unstabilized chlorine is that you cannot raise your chlorine residual with an oxidizer as you can with unstabilized chlorine. If you have present or visible algae, always use an unstablized chlorine shock as oxidizer will not eliminate algae.